stabs.of.reality

Monday, January 30, 2006

duty on saturday. it wasn't that bad. i quite enjoyed it actually. the cadets were all nice people. and this cadet already completed his degree in aviation! i obviously talked to him about his course. he spent close to a whopping 100k on his course and accomodation man. flying fees included. sigh. immediately told my mom about it and she was like "see first." since her friend went for an aviation course at a french flying school.

next morning, i was yahoo-ing and found this website for pilot enthusiasts set up by this senior pilot who looks singaporean. practically spent the whole morning surfing everything there. from how the interview for sia cadet pilots are done, what to expect, salary scale and all. i was told by that aviation grad that a very very senior sia pilot easily earns up to 600k per annum! oh my god.

i'm really really lost now! it's now i decide my path. one, i can do my degree then apply for the cadet pilot position. two, i can skip my degree and try applying now. but what if sia starts retrenching people come the trough of an economic cycle? i'll be at risk.

went back to my mom's kampung yesterday. it was this town an hour's drive from jb. so apparently, this distant grandmother was one of the 4 wives of some guy and my maternal grandma's her cousin. so we went to see her lah. then my uncle was asking where's her husband and her reaction was like "hmph. -starts folding hands and crossing one leg over the other-" haha! damn cute lah. she's like 80+? most of her teeth are gone and she's amseniac. sigh. scary thought.

okie. this is gonna get complex. my maternal grandma's one of my grandpa's wives. i think he has 3. anyway there's this lady in the same town we went to who has his child. we used to go there quite often, till like 5-6 years ago? so my mom said we'll go there soon! yayness.

saw a freaking lot of singapore cars there lah. cny and all. so on the way back, we turned to this ulu ulu road which the sign claims will lead to the second link. so my mom's car and aunt's car turned. so like a minute into that road, my cousin, who was driving the car, started u-turning cuz the road was damn ulu! so my mom also u-turned. then we started going back to the main road. then we saw singapore cars travelling on that road! so we u-turned again. haha. tsk. malaysian roads! the same thing happened on the highway! malaysian roads tend to have only ONE directional sign. so like say "turn right to second link", so u turn right, and along that road there won't be a sign saying "second link, straight". grr.

fashion nono's. was out today for a while to causeway point with dearest mommy. amidst the many reds, noticed quite a few fashion booboo's. first, i saw this guy wearing a coat with jeans and some tee and fugly sneakers. hello?! don't even think u can pull that look off when u're not lee ryan or becks. second, was on the train and this girl was wearing some pongpong short red skirt, black thigh stockings and white heels. hello?! tt is so wrong. third, never wear lacey panties under hipsters! they're not supposed to show god. what is wrong with you singaporeans?!

oh anyway. my 21st! haha. dunno how i'm gonna celebrate it also. but my mom already told me what my present will be! omg. i can't wait! =D

3 more weeks. and i'm done! oh yes, one of my longest post in eons yeah? haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home