stabs.of.reality

Thursday, December 02, 2004

heyyy. i knoe this update is like way overdued but i really haven't got much to update on? work's like so blah y'know? sian. the only consolation i get is the company of my colleagues. they're like so funny lah. haha. nice...

and yep. finally the first singapore idol has been crowned. and its mr taufik batisah! not tt i hate sly or what but taufik's like THE singapore idol man. i've got friends who bitch to me about sly being the first singapore idol like its so duh? like singapore's mainly made up of chinese and sly being chinese will of course appeal to the common singaporean? duh. [what taufik said in the papers made sense. he said smth like "i'm sure not only the malays are voting for me. i wudnt have gotten to the finals had it not been for pple of other races cuz the malays are a minority."] and they'll go on to say tt sly has a bright prospect if he sings in taiwan and hk and stuff while mr batisah will just have to be appeased with singing to audiences from indonesia and malaysia? right. let's see. siti nurhaliza has made it big in malaysia, indonesia, japan and now she's even venturing into the chinese market?! whoa. sheila majid made it big in japan too yeah? anita sarawak made it big in the region, but she was even bigger in the states. what say you now? heh. which reminds me of a line from "i dream". think it goes smth like "regardless of the colour of my skin"? =)

and yeah. taufik was looking good too last night. his suits are all like super prom'ish? nice. and he sounded way damn good. loved his rendition of me and mrs jone. ditto for superstition. kudos to taufik batisah! sly wasnt tt bad either with his "i dream" and "an jing". but his "its my life" was so bad? like wtf was he thinking with those excessive rock'ish screams and all? i know ur a rocker lah. but pls. its no longer a gimmic but more of an irritant now man. hah. anyhow, cant wait for taufik's album to be released! slated to be on the 17th i heard?! woohoo...

my dear gf had tix at the last minute. damn. and my cousin had front row seats?! wtf. he was happily waving to the camera when douglas o was giving his comments cuz my cousin was sitting behind douglas o? right. and he happily didnt tell me. oh well... not like i'd enjoy watching it live with all the screams and stuff. bah. [oh! i kept my clothes bought for hari raya separately lah. so i took it out the other day. was reminded of the fact that this sisley tee i bought had the word 'sly' printed on the front?! omg. but i swear i'm still a taufik fan!]

caught the incredibles last saturday with dear ol' zac. man its a good movie! go catch it man. super cute characters. haha. next on my to-catch-list is shutter. heard its super scary?! and next on my to-get-list is this really really nice fossil watch i saw at tangs? man it costs 300 bucks! was super hinting my mom. and she asked for the model number so she can check it out at amsterdam's schiphol airport. awaiting good news mom! yeah man... and what made my day totally was an sms from a super long lost friend? niceee...

met up with some old friends on tuesday for dinner nearby. since its nearby i didnt wanna style my hair so i put my cap to good use. and my friend said i looked super beng with my fcuk cap and my quiksilver tee? apparently they look like they have dragon prints? right.

okay! adit's in town! yeah man. will go pay him a visit tmr after work! and my mom's coming back this saturday. cant wait to see what she's gotten me. and thank god its friday! yeahhhhh...

send someone to love me
i need to rest in arms
keep me safe from harm
in pouring rain...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home